March 24, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010 is Earth Hour - will you participate?
There is no doubt that Earth Hour does not get near the publicity that it needs, at least in the U.S. I have not heard any mention of it during the nightly national news, nor have I seen a television advertisement. I really only found out as I belong to the Earth Hour Facebook page.
Show that you care about the planet we all share that we have seen over recent times how easily it can greatly affect our lives. The problem with not caring or not believing in things like global warming is that you have everything to lose if you're wrong and nothing to lose if you change some daily habits, such as changing light bulbs to new green energy efficient ones, recycle more than you used to and think a bit more about how your actions affect our world.
This is greatly celebrated all over the world and is to be actually kicked off in China's Forbidden City in Beijing.
Here are some of the following locations:
• Italy’s Trevi Fountain in Rome and Leaning Tower of Pisa,
• Big Ben and Houses of Parliament in London,
• Edinburgh Castle in Scotland,
• India Gate and Red Fort in Delhi,
• Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe,
• Bosphorous Bridge in Istanbul
• Hohensalzburg Castle in Salzburg, and
• Independence Angel in Mexico City.